Every one is a painter. We paint the image of ourself that we have in our mind. Some do “photoshop” the image they project while many others struggle to show the true and real picture of themselves. Can you ever be true to yourself? If you can, then YOU will develop a positive self concept However there are steps you need to take. WHAT ARE THOSE STEPS?
checklist for developing a positive self-concept
You can develop a positive self-concept by carrying out the following steps effectively. Though there are other steps in addition to the one listed below, but these twenty are basic and mastery of them gives a fulfilling life and helps develop a positive and outstanding self. A positive and outstanding self makes it possible for the individual to partake and appreciate interpersonal communication; it also helps the individual to develop good interpersonal skills. A good development of interpersonal skills leads to the cultivation of good communication skills by the individual. This means that if the individual cultivates a good and enriching self-concept, he becomes a better communicator who is able to reach himself, connect with others and develop his potentials thereby developing his community and society.
- Un limit your self
- Assert your uniqueness – Be yourself
- Lose yourself in others
- Find your purpose in life and stick to it
- Create satisfying and lasting relationships
- Be honest, fair and truthful in all dealings
- Try the unorthodox or the untried
- Balance your person and system
- Strive towards achieving your potentials and self actualisation
- Create time to listen to yourself and your God
- Believe in your Creator and accept your helplessness as a human being.
- Do the things you love doing and do them well
- Think, speak and act positively
- Realize your weaknesses and cope with them through acceptance
- Find your happiness within you, rather than outside
- Learn to see, observe, play and live
- Be childlike
- Struggle to leave impression behind; no matter where you find yourself
- Learn to cope with the difficult, the sad, the untoward and learn from them
- Do not be afraid to make mistakes but explore
HOW DO YOU USE THESE STEPS TO DEVELOP A POSITIVE SELF CONCEPT?